The Chinese Christian Church of Greater Washington, DC. (CCCGW) was the first Chinese Mandarin church founded from a Chinese student bible Study group in this area.  In 1957, Ted Choy and a few Chinese students began to meet for Bible studies in the office of International Students, Inc. in Calvert Street in Washington, D.C. The first Sunday worship service held in Mandarin was on August 31, 1958, with about twenty Chinese Christians in attendance. With growth came a move to a larger facility at 5709 16th Street, N.W. The church was officially incorporated as “Chinese Mandarin Church” with Rev. Moses Chow as the first pastor.  The church is a non-denominational protestant church, basing our faith and conduct on the teachings of the Bible, financially independent, trusting in the rich provision of the Lord and the free will offerings of our members.

In 1969, after Pastor Moses Chow left to serve as the Director of Ambassadors for Christ,  Pastor Fred Cheung succeeded as our second pastor to lead our church and to startchurch building project. Then, the Piney Branch Road location was purchased, and the sanctuary building was built and completed in March 1971. The church was renamed as “Chinese Christian Church of Greater Washington, D.C.”.   In the following half century, we were blessed by the ministries of several pastors. We held firm the truth from the Bible, and set the purpose of our church to be “biblical, prayerful, unified, and sending”.  Our members were of one mind spreading the gospel and leading people to Jesus Christ. In 1972, we started overseas mission ministry by holding annual Missions Conferences to promote and to support overseas missions and sending out adults and youth short term mission trips overseas.  For local evangelism, a branch church in Germantown was established in 2004. This Germantown branch church has now become a fully independent church. In 2008, we continued our local evangelistic ministry by establishing another branch church at Clarksburg, Maryland.   In the meantime, we also focused our mission efforts on the Gospel ministry of Chinese students in nearby universities.

In 2011, CCCGW was especially blessed by the Lord with the financial ability to purchase the two houses and an empty lot of land next to our church. These added properties are perfect for our church expansion. In 2018, we celebrated our church’s 60th anniversary with special worship services, cerebration banquet, and publishing an Anniversary Album. We also renovated the church front entrance with an easy access ramp, added more parking spaces, and did other facilities improvements such as building an electric stairway chair lift for seniors. All these renovations make the church much more of a spiritual home-sweet-home. Praise the Lord!

The church leadership and decision-making body includes both the Elder Board and Official Board. The Elder board consists of pastors and active elders, and is responsible for church spiritual matters.  The Official Board consists of 12 current deacons and members of the Elder Board.  The Official Board is responsible for and in charge of church business and operations, working as a team to lead church growth in glorifying the Lord.  Also, we have a full-time youth minister responsible for the youth ministry, such as the weekly Teens Group meeting, organizing and leading youth short-term overseas mission trips, joining winter or summer Gospel camps and work camps, etc. We also have a Children Ministry Director to work on children ministries such as planning and leading children worships, Sunday school, etc.

Currently (2020), Rev. Daniel Zhao is our Chinese Pastor and Rev David Rim is our English Pastor.  Minister Nathaniel Yang is responsible for Clarksburg Church ministry, Minister Chris Sung is responsible for youth ministry, and Grace Wei is the Children Ministry Director. The current active elders are Stanley Chan, Mark Ho, and Daniel Wu.

We sincerely welcome all Christians as well as non-believers to come and join us to worship God, to serve Him, to seek the biblical truth and to fellowship in this big spiritual family