Youth Minister/Pastor Position
Christian Chinese Church of Greater Washington
Teaching and Training Responsibilities
- Develop curriculum, teach, and run the Friday Night Youth Bible Study program.
- Implement Sunday School program by picking curriculum, recruiting and training teachers.
- Preach once every two months in the main English Ministry worship service.
- Develop and run a discipleship/leadership training strategy for the youth.
- Train and care for volunteers and staff.
- Establish relationships by spending time with students outside of the church context (e.g. visiting homes, watching sports activities, graduations, etc.).
- Provide counseling to students who are in need.
- Build relationships with the parents so that they are informed of the youth ministry.
- Implement a system for integrating newcomers into the youth ministry.
- Encouraging students to engage in outreach, both charity, service, and evangelistic.
- Train and lead (or help lead) a youth missions team in the summer.
- Prepare students for Lifeway’s M-Fuge gathering, which provides students to serve in a neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Ministry Activities Responsibilities
- Help plan and run the youth portion in the overall church summer retreat.
- Develop and implement fellowship gatherings throughout the year to build stronger bonds between the youth.
- Offer assistance as needed in the smooth running of the English Ministry worship service, of which the youth participate in.
- Attend Official Board meetings once a month to provide a report of the youth ministry.
- Have accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior/Lord, and have maintained a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have a heart for youth ministry.
- Desire to attend or have graduated from an accredited seminary.
- Experience in youth ministry of at least two years.
- Proficiency with social media and audio/visual technology is a plus.
- An extroverted/outgoing personality is preferred.
- Full agreement with the church’s doctrinal positions as expressed by our by-laws (see cccgw.org).
- Resume or CV.
- A philosophy of ministry statement for youth.
- Two sermons (preferably video).
- Three references.
If you are interested, please contact both Brother Tony Woo at firstname.lastname@example.org and Pastor David Rim at email@example.com.